Search This Blog

Friday, July 6, 2012

Living Free by not seeing Magic Mike

I really want to see Magic Mike.  There, I said it.   Judge away.  But I am not going to.  And I pray this blog post keeps me accountable and faithful to my husband. Disclaimer: I am not addressing this blog to non-believers, but to my fellow sisters in Christ.  I am women who loves Jesus, and was saved from sexual sin when I became a believer.

SET FREE to LIVE FREE
 I have had friends who are christian women who have gone to see Magic Mike and read 50 Shades of Grey.  One of the reasoning I have heard is Scripture says you may have freedom in certain things as long as you don't make a weaker brother stumble (1 Cor 8:13). So the reasoning is if you don't struggle with sexual sin as a Christian women then it is fine for you to see this movie or read this book. I believe is a misrepresentation of the context of this scripture. While Scripture does give us freedom in many items such as food and drink, it does not give us ANY FLEXIBILITY with sexual sin.

While yes, we are given freedom to have discretion in some things, such as what we eat and drink (for example my husband drinks beer but not when my alcoholic father comes to visit), there is is not such freedom in sexual sin.   

"Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body." 1 Cor 6:14

Scripture says RUN!  Turn your tail and RUN!  As a person who has been in the the bondage of sexual sin, please do no fall for the lie that we are "free" to enter into that bondage.  As followers of Christ we have not been set free to freely do whatever we want. We have been SET free so that we may LIVE free of bondage.

EMOTIONAL & SEXUAL FULFILLMENT
Another reason I have heard why this movie being excused is many say women are not as effected sexually the way men are, but sometimes we are tempted in deeper ways that can be just as destructive. Our sexual urges are almost directly tied to our emotions. I urge all Christian Women to read "Every Woman's Battle: Discovering God's Plan for Sexual and Emotional Fulfillment " because we can be just as tempted as men by our enemy and desirous flesh from the angle of  relational/ emotional urges.    As a woman who committed my full life  to Christ in my late teens, I know how you can give pieces of your heart away to even fictional characters.  Every piece you give away is one your husband doesn't have.

That all I have to say about that, and I am sure many have said it better than I have.  But I hope it helps someone on the edge of seeing this movie and maybe call me or message me to make sure I don't give int and watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment