Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

NO SEW~Tie Snakes


Great present to wrap around the tree for Christmas morning!

This project came from having two sons & two nephews who all asked for gifts they could use on "adventures". I threw in a pair of inexpensive binoculars, and you have hours of imaginative fun! I also found a few pink ties, and made these for my nieces!  All kids loved them and played with them all Christmas Morning.


Materials needed:
  • old tie (s)
  • hot glue gun 
  • stuffing from an old pillow
  • googly eyes
  • red felt
  • scissors
  • un-sharpened pencil  and marker




1. Stuff Tie
I first found an old pillow we didn't use anymore and cut it open to harvest the stuffing.  Then  I used the pencil to slowly put small pieces in the snake.  Stuff from one end, and push till you get to the middle; you will need to bunch the tie over the pencil.  Once one side is stuffed, stuff from other side of tie. Push slowly so you don't tear the seams of the tie.

TIP: At the smaller end, do not over stuff end and even leave the end empty to make gluing easier. At larger end leave room to refold side of tie to original triangle shape. A marker is good for ends to, but the pencils gets the stuffing to middle of tie better without breaking seams.



2. Glue Ends
  I used the hot glue guns to close the ends. Make sure when stuffing to not to over stuff because it could tear seams of tie.  I ended up hot gluing middle seam for extra security since I knew the snakes were going to active boys.

3. Decorate
 Glue googly eyes and red felt tongue  to the large end of tie.  If you are giving to girl you could even add some yarn hair or felt bow:) I am thinking if I find a pink tie at the thrift store that my niece may be getting one of these next year:)


Thank you for using affliate links. They help me keep the blog open, at no extra costs to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment