This recipe could not be simpler, you can literally cook it in your sleep! We use it on English Muffins, and sometimes instead of jelly in PB & J. IT also makes a wonderful Christmas gift for teachers!
Crockpot Apple Butter
- About 3 to 4 lbs of apples- cleaned, cored, and peeled
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 tsp nutmeg (dried ground)
- 2 tsp of cinnamon (dried ground)
- 1/2 tsp cloves (dried ground)
1. Fill crock-pot with apples. Add other ingredients & Stir until mixed.
3. In the morning, You can test the consistently by putting some on a spoon and letting it fall. If the water separates from the apple, it isn't think enough. If there is still too much liquid take off lid of crock-pot and cook on high until thickened.
4. Store for future use:
- In fridge for 6 weeks
- In freezer for 6 months.
- Water bath Canning- 10 minute hot water bath, 1/4 inch head space.
Thank you for using affiliate links, they help keep the blog open at no cost to you.