- About 3 to 4 lbs of apples- cleaned, cored, and peeled
- 2 and half cups of sugar
- 1 tsp nutmeg (dried ground)
- 2 tsp of cinnamon (dried ground)
- 1/2 tsp cloves (dried ground)
- Fill crock-pot with apples. Add other ingredients. Stir until mixed.
- Cover and cook on low setting overnight, about 10 hours, until butter is spreadable consistency. I put mine on about 9:00pm and stirred again before I went to sleep at 11:30pm.
- Note- All Crockpots are little different. I use LOW for my 16 qt round crock pot , but my 16qt oval crockpot is set on HIGH overnight because it heats slower.
- You can test the consistently by putting some on a spoon and letting it fall. If the water separates from the apple, it isn't think enough.
- In fridge for 6 weeks
- In freezer for 6 months.
- Water bath Canning- 10 minute hot water bath, 1/4 inch head space.