Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year 2014

It has been awhile since I have time to blog.  Thought I would start off 2014 with a reflection on the past few years' life lessons.

In 2012 I learned how to loose weight in a healthy way. I worked hard to loose 40lbs the old fashioned way, by eating less and moving more.  There was no secret quick weight lost plan.  Consistent decisions in small choices every led to big results.

 In 2013, I learned that I had to work on a different level to fix my insecurities & being 40 lbs lighters wasn't magically going to correct all the lies I believed about myself. Loosing the weight is honestly easier than loosing the lies.   There was no secret quick way to suddenly loose insecurities I had built my entire lifeConsistent decisions in small choices to choose truth over lies every led to big results.

In 2014, I will have to work again to loose the 15 pounds I gained back during this emotionally hard year, but remembering my worth is not in my jean size; my worth is found in the one who asks my obedience to keep learning what He has to teach me year by year. 

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us. — C.S. Lewis."

No comments:

Post a Comment