Crockpot White Chicken Chili
Makes one gallon bag
O Gallon sized Ziploc bag
O 1 pound (about 2 cups) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
O 2 cans-15.5oz ( about 3-3.5 cups) of Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
O 1- 2oz can of chopped mild green chilies (or 1 can of rotel)
O ½ bag of 1 lb bag of frozen corn
O 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
O 1 tbsp dried minced onion
O 2 garlic cloves, minced
O 2 teaspoons ground cumin
O 1 tsp dried ground oregano
O 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
O 1/4 teaspoon pepper
O 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Day of cooking
O 3-4 cups chicken broth (more broth makes it less chili and more soup like)
1. Label your freezer bag.
2. To your freezer bag, add all ingredients except broth.
3. Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal, and lay flat in your freezer.
1. The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw.
2. The morning of cooking, pour contents of freezer bag into your Crockpot and add the 3 cups of chicken broth.
3. Cook on “low” setting for 6 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
4. Shred chicken and serve with sour cream, cheese. Cornbread or tortilla chips are good side.