- Cooking spray
- Loaf pan to help shape loaves
- Heavy Duty Aluminum foil
- 1.25 pounds lean ground turkey or ground beef
- 1/2 cup 2% milk (sub unsweetened almond milk for dairy free)
- 1 large eggs (sub 1/2 cup applesauce to make egg free)
- 1 packages onion soup mix
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 TBSP dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Prepare 9×5″ loaf pan by placing one piece aluminum foil in bottom and sides, then coating with cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, milk, eggs, onion soup mix, shredded carrots, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and dried parsley. Spoon half into prepared pan.
- Fold foil over loaf. Take loaf out of pan, cover with another layer of foil.
- Label and store in freezer for up to 3 months.
- Thaw in fridge for at least 24 hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees for hour to 60 to 90 min, or until cooked through (use meat thermometer)
- Add topping of your choice half way through cooking (ketchup or BBQ sauce).