Practical and consumable gifts are always appreciated at my house. I usually have at least four of these in my pantry for quick gifts, or for when I need a quick meal for my own family!
To make a big basket of handmade & consumable gifts ,you can include a few other homemade food-in-a-jar mixes, like homemade apple butter or bread dipping seasoning with loaf of fresh crusty bread.
How to Assemble Italian Tomato and Pasta Soup
- 2 1/2 cups Bow Tie pasta
- 2 tbsp dried vegetable flakes (you can find at Whole Foods, I buy them at my local health food store- Garden Patch Market)
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place pasta in clean airtight food storage jar (mason jar, ziploc bag). Use funnel for easier preparation.
- Add vegetable flakes, onion, sugar, bouillon granules, Italian seasoning, garlic, and pepper. Close jar or bag.
- Cover top of jar with fabric; attach gift tag with yarn or ribbon.
Tip for presentation: Include 1 can (14.5) of Crushed Tomatoes, Parmesan Cheese, and a small bag of Real Bacon Bits in a bag.
Italian Tomato & Pasta Soup
- 1 Jar of Italian Tomato and Pasta Soup mix
- 5 cups of water
- 1 can (14.5 oz) of crushed tomatoes
- 2 to 3 cups chopped fresh spinach (will cook down)
- 1/4 cup crumbled bacon (4 to 6 slices)
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
- Combine water, Jar mix in large saucepan.Bring to boil for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, spinach, and bacon.Reduce heat &simmer for 10 to 12 more minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Serve topped with Parmesan Cheese.
*Substitute fresh spinach for 1/2 package (10oz.) of frozen spinach, thawed and drained.
*Add or Sub for Bacon – 1 Can (14-16 oz) of Pinto Beans , rinsed and drained.
Gift Tag for Soup Mix: